I cannot believe it has been so long since I have posted anything substantial. Believe me, I have had a ton of topics on my mind and (until now) actual free time. I've just been unable to focus on anything for longer than a couple of minutes lately. I don't know if it is my ADD (or, for that matter, if I even have ADD), or if it's my meds, or my exhaustion, or my stress, or maybe I'm just lazy.
I really don't know.
I do know that there are several people whom I have promised responses to and I hate letting them down.
A while back I bought a voice activated recorder to carry with me so that when I had an idea for a blog, or a school paper, or a freelance project, I could just record my brainstorming and then later transcribe it into a fully formed piece.
Well, I carried the recorder for about a week and even remembered to record a few things. Then, on the weekend I listened to it. Now, absent the original inspiration, it just played back as my stupid voice babbling at me, so I erased it all.
I kept the recorder by my bed, as I tend to have my most brilliant ideas when I'm trying to fall asleep. I recorded some more stuff and when I listened to it in the light of day it sounded like teen-aged melodrama.
I decided that the problem is that I'm too self conscious to listen to my own voice, so I've ditched the recorder.
Now I have tiny incomplete word documents all over my work and home computer. In fact, here are some of the topics:
1. A new installment of "The stoopidest Man I ever Divorced" with a special message for my friend from another Message board I frequent. (Holla anonymous friend!)
2. An opinion piece about volunteering and why you have no excuse not to.
3. An essay about the three traits that I despise (Greed, Lying and lack of Gratitude)
4. How to raise a grateful child (This is an old free lance piece that I never completed - Ugh.)
5. An essay about the state of the economy (and why you shouldn't panic)
6. An essay about the passing of Prop 8 - which is not so timely now, but still an issue very close to my heart.
7. My growing dislike of modern communication
There's lots more, but those are the ones currently in a state of being written.
Sooooo .... all I can say is keep checking back here because eventually I will put some new stuff up.
And, it might just be addressed to YOU.